- Make sure you check out the community bulletin board in our
front foyer, which has info. about community events and brochures from local community agencies. Stop in to see what's going on!
Sept. 2 - First day of school
Sept. 12 - Early Release Day
Sept. 17 - Meet the Teacher event (4:30 - 6:00)
Sept. 16-18 - Book Fair
Sept. 18 - School Picture Day
Welcome to Carleton Public School!
Support Juvenile Diabetes Research
On Sunday, September 21st, one of grade 8 students, Kiefer, will be walking to help raise funds to support research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes (T1D). To help Kiefer with this great project, we will accept donations at Carleton School for Kiefer until Friday, September 19th. Students can bring donations to the office with the daily attendance. You can also make on-line donations here. Good luck with your fundraising for such a worthy cause Kiefer!
- More than three million Canadians have diabetes:
- In Canada, more than 20 people are diagnosed with diabetes every hour of every day.
- T1D is a leading cause of life-threatening and debilitating complications, such as blindness, kidney disease, nerve damage, heart attack, stroke, amputation, and even death.
- Eighty per cent of Canadians with diabetes die from a heart attack or stroke.
- Diabetes is the single leading cause of blindness in Canada.
- Seven out of ten non-traumatic limb amputations are the result of diabetes complications.
- The life expectancy for people with T1D may be shortened by as much as 15 years.
Carleton Public School
Together, we are committed to Achieving Success Together.
We are pleased to provide an outstanding education at Carleton Public School for our students. Innovative programs that meet the needs of all our students are taught by our dedicated and professional staff who care about your child. Our school provides extra-curricular opportunities that encourage the development of excellence, integrity and respect.
Our Board is focused on literacy and numeracy achievement and creating an environment where we are working together on our goal of success for every student. We also value the community partnerships and parent involvement which are so crucial to a successful education for our students.
Our school bell rings at 8:40 a.m. Students should arrive and go to the playground between 8:25 and prior to 8:40. Please note that students must leave school property immediately after school unless staying for a school-sponsored event, e.g. homework club, or participating in a sporting event. Students watching after school sporting events must be supervised by an adult. If parents are picking up their children and remaining on school property (beyond the school day), they are reminded that they must supervise their children at all times.
We have limited parking space, so if you are dropping off or picking up children, we recommend you park on the distant side streets or park in the FRONT parking lot only. With almost 60 kindergarten students requiring face-to-face drop off it gets very chaotic! Please remember to PARK ONLY in marked parking spaces, or car-pool when ever possible. Please do not park or wait for students in the rear parking lot which is designated for staff only. Thank You!